Frequently Asked Questions
Below are questions that we frequently receive from our customers. Do you have another question that you don't see listed below? Contact us by email and we will get back to you very soon.
- How can I place an order?
- Where can I buy your products?
- Can I order your products outside the United States?
- Can orders be modified after they are placed?
- Do you offer coupons or special discounts?
- How long will my order take to ship?
- Can orders be expedited or rushed?
- How can I calculate my shipping cost?
- Do you accept product returns or exchanges?
- I have a question about returns or credits, who should I call?
- Are your products raw?
- Are your products GMO-free?
- Are your products kosher certified?
- Are your products gluten-free?
- What is the shelf life of your superfoods?
- How should superfoods be stored?
- Are your products safe to consume if they are past their expiration date?
- What is your packaging made of?
- What is in the pouch that comes inside some of your bags?
- How do I open your packaging?
Q.How can I place an order?
Consumers seeking products for individual use can order direct from our website. If ordering online, simply add items to your cart and complete the checkout process. Upon order confirmation an account will be automatically created for you. If you wish to become an authorized reseller, you must complete our wholesale application process (see wholesale).
Q.Where can I buy your products?
You can purchase products directly on our website, or at any of our authorized resellers across North America. To find the nearest authorized reseller, please use our store locator.
Q.Can I order your products outside the United States?
We do not process international orders directly. Consumers outside the United States can order Navitas Naturals superfoods through www.iherb.com. Canadian customers can check the store locator on our website to find locations nationwide. www.iherb.com is a great online resource for our products, and they do ship internationally.
Q.Can orders be modified after they are placed?
No. All orders are final at the time they are placed.
Q.Do you offer coupons or special discounts?
Yes. We offer a variety of promotions, usually announced on our website, social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter and in our newsletter. You can subscribe to our newsletter here.
Q.How do I become an authorized reseller?
The fastest way to create a wholesale account is to go to the Wholesale tab on the home page and click on Create a New Account. Simply enter all of your info, including your phone number and credit card information. For domestic accounts, we usually review and approve your application within one business day. International accounts typically take 1-2 weeks to review and approve. Upon approval, we will send your log-in information to you via the email you supply. Terms are available for qualified applicants and typically take 1-2 weeks to process.
Q.How long will my order take to ship?
Most orders ship within 48-72 hours from the time they are placed. You should receive your order within seven to ten business days from the date your order is processed (in the US). International orders (including Canada) can take up to 14 days.
Q.Can orders be expedited or rushed?
Extra shipping costs will be incurred to rush an order but we will try to accommodate your request. Orders normally take a minimum of 48-72 hours to process, please get your request in as early as possible.
Q.How can I calculate my shipping cost?
Rates are dynamically calculated by weight & distance. Most United States orders will ship by UPS or USPS. International parcels will ship by USPS. You can get an approximate shipping cost to your country at postcalc.usps.gov. You can also approximate shipping costs using the following guidelines:
- 1. Consumer retail orders over $70 get free shipping (continental US only)
- 2. Wholesale orders over $250 get free shipping (continental US only)
- 3. No free shipping on any bulk items
- 4. Orders to Alaska and Hawaii are shipped USPS flat rate, starting at $12
Q.Do you accept product returns or exchanges?
We want you to be satisfied with our products. If you have a defective product please return your product with the original purchase receipt if possible. If you purchased directly from us, please contact us and supply the following info:
- Product Name
- Copy of the original receipt
- Best By Date
- Lot #
- If there was damage to the bag, provide the navt # on bottom of bag
- A digital photo of any damages
Q.I have a question about returns or credits, who should I call?
Our customer service department can answer any questions about returns or credits. Contact us at info[at]navitasnaturals[dot]com or call 1 888-645-4282 between Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 pm PST. We are closed all statutory holidays.
Q.What is a superfood?
The Oxford English Dictionary includes citations for "superfood" as far back as World War I, in the context of "a food considered especially nutritious or otherwise beneficial to health and well-being."
Below, is our definition.
A superfood is a nutrient-dense fruit or vegetable that contains a high content of antioxidants, protein, omega-3, minerals, fiber or other essential nutrients that have proven health benefits. Nutrient density is the ratio of calories to micronutrients – the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals that are essential to health, wellness and feeling great. Nutrient-dense foods, like most vegetables and fruits, have a high amount of valuable micronutrients and a low amount of calories. To protect the ‘super’ quality and nutrient integrity, a superfood must be certified organic and minimally processed.
Q.Why do some of your products have a warning label on them?
Cal Prop 65 is California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 which requires companies to place a warning label on any product they sell within California if it exceeds the level that the State has established as risk free for a list of over eight hundred chemicals. Click here for more information on Maca and prop 65. For more information on Cacao and prop 65, click here.
Q.Are your products raw?
- We work closely with our suppliers to ensure the lowest temperature processing for our premium superfoods. Almost all of our products are considered "raw" meaning they are low temperature processed to retain as many nutrients as possible. Exceptions include: Acai (flash pasteurized), Coconut Water Powder (flash pasteurized), Coconut Palm Sugar, Gelatinized Maca (gelatinization involves heat), and Yacon Syrup (flash pasteurized). There is no single agreed upon temperature of exposure that determines a foods classification as “raw”. There are also no FDA regulations or third party "raw" certification agencies at this time.
Q.Are your products GMO-free?
Navitas Naturals products are Non-GMO Project Verified! That means they’ve met the rigorous standards of the Non-GMO Project- an independent non-profit reviewer that ensures products are made according to best practices for GMO avoidance.
Q.Are your products kosher certified?
Most of our products are certified kosher through Earth Kosher. You can find more information at www.earthkosher.com
Q.Are your products gluten-free?
- A. Yes, our entire line is gluten-free and our Power Snacks, Coconut Chips, and Superfood+ snacks are Gluten Free Certified.
Q.Does your facility handle allergens?
All of our products, with the exception of our Power Snacks, Coconut Chips, and Superfood+ snacks are packaged onsite at our Novato California facility and we do not source, handle, or offer anything that contains peanuts, gluten/wheat, soy, corn or dairy. Our entire facility is free of these allergens. Cashews and coconut products are the only tree nut items we handle here in our facility. Please note however that the Power Snacks, Coconut Chips, and Superfood+ snack lines are manufactured offsite in a facility that also handles peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, milk, eggs and soy. However, these products have been certified Gluten-Free.
Q.Do your products contain sulfites?
No. Navitas Naturals products do not contain sulfites.
Q.What is the shelf life of your superfoods?
Most of our products have an 18 month shelf life. Our Power Snacks and Coconut Water Powder have a 12 month expiry date, and our Coconut Chips and Superfood+ snacks have a 9 month expiry. The ‘Best By’ stamp on the back of the bag can be read: Month/Day/Year.
Q.How should superfoods be stored?
- Refrigeration is not required for most of our products. We recommend that you store superfoods in a cool, dark, dry place. Acai Powder, Coconut Water Powder, Green Coffee Powder, and Hemp Seeds should be refrigerated after opening.
Q.Are your products safe to consume if they are past their expiration date?
Our products are dried or freeze-dried but the potency and flavor decreases over time so we don't recommed using past their expiration date.
Q.What is your packaging made of?
Our bags are made of 100% BPA free, non-GMO and food-safe layered plastic film. The #7 marker on our bag is a “resin identification code” that reflects the type of material used and can help recycle centers sort by type. While this material is recyclable, many municipalities do not yet have the technology to handle multi-layered film packaging. Your local municipality can provide more information on their capabilities.
Q.What is in the pouch that comes inside some of your bags?
Some of our products contain pouches that are oxygen or moisture absorbers which are used to maintain freshness. These are non-hazardous substances that will not harm the body if consumed accidentally. We use 1/3 gram chelated carbon to absorb oxygen, and silica gel to absorb moisture.
Q.How do I open your packaging?
As of 2013, we are now sourcing our bags domestically in the USA and have reduced our carbon footprint in doing so. The closure design is more of a “pocket” on the back of the bag rather than a top-opening-style bag, which is why the pull-tab-zip-mechanism is only on the backside of the bag (and must be pulled off through the backside of the bag). If the top portion of the bag is cut or pulled off, it will render the closing mechanism obsolete (zip is only attached to backside). Please click here for an infographic on opening our bags.
Email us at info[at]navitasnaturals[dot]com or if you need immediate assistance or would prefer to talk to a customer service representative, please call us Mon-Fri at 1 888-645-4282 between 8am and 4:30pm PST.