Cacao Fig Fudge
Match made in Heaven
Rich, decadent, and perfect for the holidays (or any time of the year) this easy dessert is the perfect healthy answer to a fudgey craving.
1. Place the figs in a bowl and cover with water and soak for about an hour, until soft. Drain reserving liquid.
2. In a blender, blend the figs, and vanilla until smooth, slowly adding soaking water as needed to form a creamy consistency.
3. Transfer the fig mixture into a large bowl, add the nut butter, and stir to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the cacao, mesquite and hempseeds.
5. Gradually add the dry cacao mixture into the wet fig mixture. Stir well. Press evenly into a 10 by 18 inch brownie pan, 1 inch thick, and freeze until firm (about 3 hours).
6. To serve, cut into 1 inch squares