Crispy Rice Squares
A healthier chocolate version
Rice Crispie Treats get the superfood treatment with cacao, mesquite, maca and more!
½ Cup Almond Butter
⅓ Cup Navitas Naturals Yacon Syrup
⅓ Cup Navitas Naturals Cacao Powder
⅓ Cup Navitas Naturals Cashew Whole Nuts
¼ Cup Navitas Naturals Cacao Nibs, optional
¼ Cup Navitas Naturals Trail Mix (Goji-Mulberry-Golden)
¼ Cup Coconut Oil
1 tsp Mesquite Powder
1 optional tsp Navitas Naturals Maca Powder
3 Tbsp Navitas Naturals Flax Seed Sprouted Powder
pinch Sea Salt
4 Cups Crispy Brown Rice Cereal, puffed Quinoa, puffed Amaranth or other dry cereal of choice
- In a large pot on low heat, melt together the almond butter, yacon syrup, cacao powder, coconut oil, mesquite, maca, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Once melted together, stir in the cereal, cashews, Trail Power and ground flax. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Lightly oil a glass dish with coconut oil and spread mixture out evenly.
- Press down with the back of a spatula until firmly pressed together.
- Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes until hardened and then cut into squares.