Sweet & Crumbly
Dried chewy mulberries are so satisfying they can easily be enjoyed by themselves, but surrounded by the comforting hug of a good scone bread you have all the makings of a simple yet entirely special baked goodie.
½ Cup Navitas Naturals Mulberries
½ tsp Sea Salt
1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
½ Cup Hemp Milk, simple hemp milk or non-dairy beverage
⅓ Cup Water
2 Tbsp Flax Seed Powder
2 Tbsp Navitas Naturals Lucuma Powder
2 Tbsp Navitas Naturals Coconut Palm Sugar
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Cup White Rice Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
- Recipe for Simple Hempmilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix water and flax powder together, and set flax mixture aside for 10-15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, lucuma powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat flax mixture, palm sugar, sea salt, coconut oil, vanilla extract and hemp milk. Stir in flour mixture alternating with the mulberries, a little at a time, until just combined. Do not overmix; batter will be thick.
- Drop generous spoonfuls onto a greased baking pan. Bake 17-20 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden.
- Makes 10 scones.