Sweet Potato Drop Biscuits
for Holiday Sides
Straight out of the oven is the ideal way to enjoy these biscuits. With a just a hint of sweetness offered by the sweet potatoes, try these in place of cornbread to satisfy your craving for comfort food.
½ tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
½ Tbsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
⅓ Cup Yacon Whole Fruit Powder
⅓ Cup mashed Sweet Potatoes, cooked
¼ Cup ground Flaxseeds
¼ tsp Sea Salt
¼ tsp Nutmeg
⅔ Cup Water
2 Tbsp Navitas Naturals Hemp Seeds
3 melted Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Cup white Rice Flour
- Preheat: oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend: In a blender, blend water, hempseeds and apple cider vinegar. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix: In a large mixing bowl, combine rice flour, yacon powder and flax powder. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Knead: Cut the coconut oil into the flour and knead until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Stir: Add the mashed sweet potatoes into the blended hemp “milk”, and stir until combined. Add mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir until a soft dough has formed.
- Spoon: Drop 12-15 heaping spoonfuls onto a greased or non-stick baking sheet. Flatten into ½ inch/1 inch circles.
- Bake: Bake 18-20 minutes until golden. Serve immediately. Makes 12-15 biscuits.