Lucuma for Sweetness
Try this holiday shortbread cookie recipe using cashew and coconut flours!
- First, place cashews in food processor fitted with the S blade, and process into fine powder.
- Empty food processor and then grind coconut into a fine powder.
- Place ground cashews back into the food processor and add vanilla and lucuma.
- Grind until it is all mixed and like a fine powder.
- Melt coconut oil in a dehydrator or by inserting the container into a bowl of hot water. Add melted coconut oil and lightly process until all mixed.
- If too dry you can add some maple syrup one tablespoon at a time until it is the right consistency to hold together and roll out.
- Roll out like you would a traditional shortbread, cut into shapes and decorate (with gogi berries, shredded coconut, powdered cacao).
- If you don't have a dehydrator just freeze the cookies. If you have a dehydrator, place on mesh screen and dehydrate for up to 12 hours. Will store in the freezer for up to 3 months.