Superfood Seed Bars
This nut free, mineral rich bar is just heavenly. It contains some all–star superfoods held together with creamy tahini and coconut oil. High in protein, zinc, calcium and essential fatty acids, this makes a great post workout or anytime snack that is not too sweet. Be careful you don’t overdo it with this one. It’s hard to stop with just one.
½ Cup Coconut Nectar
⅓ Cup raw Tahini
¼ Cup Coconut Oil, warmed to liquid
1 Vanilla Bean, scraped or pinch of Vanilla Powder
1 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
1 Cup Sunflower Seeds
½ Cup Navitas Naturals Goji Berries
½ Cup shredded Coconut
¼ Cup black Sesame Seeds
¼ Cup Navitas Naturals Cacao Nibs
¼ Cup Navitas Naturals Hemp Seeds
Pinch of Salt
- Blend coconut nectar, tahini, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine remaining dry ingredients. Add in coconut nectar mixture and mix well using your hands. I recommend wearing gloves. It’ll be pretty sticky.
- Take half of the mixture and place in a food processor. Process until mixture breaks down into very small pieces.
- Transfer back to the mixing bowl and combine with remaining mixture using your hands.
- Press into an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap and place in the freezer until firm. About 30-60 minutes.
- Cut bars into desired pieces and store in the refrigerator or in the freezer if you like them chewier.
Will keep for one to two months in the refrigerator or freezer.
This recipe calls for low glycemic coconut nectar but you can use yacon syrup, maple syrup or agave if you can’t find it in your area.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Raw Judita excerpted from the Cookbook by Judita Wignall: Raw & Simple: © Quarry Books, 2013.