Raw Vegan Blondie
ready in 5 minutes
The vanilla, sugar, and salt marry seamlessly into a butterscotch-like flavor in these healthy and easy-to-make blondies.
¼ Cup Navitas Naturals Coconut Palm Sugar
Navitas Naturals Cacao Nibs Sweetened (optional)
1 Cup Macadamia Nuts (or Cashews)
1 Cup Walnuts (or Pecans)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
⅛ tsp Sea Salt
¾ Cup Pitted Dates
- Combine nuts and sugar in a food processor.
- Add the dates, one at a time, pulsing several times between additions, until each date is well-incorporated.
- After the last date is incorporated, add the vanilla and a generous pinch of salt. Pulse several more times to distribute the vanilla and salt.
- Transfer the mixture into muffin tins and use your fingers to pack mixture down tightly. Or, you could just as easily form the mixture into a cake shape on a small plate! Just be sure to press it together very well so it doesn’t fall apart.
- Garnish with cacao nibs, if desired.
You can use any combination of nuts and seeds totaling 2 cups. Choose from macadamia nuts, cashews, pecans, or walnuts, as called for, or try Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, or even sunflower seeds.
For the sugar, you can use sucanat, date sugar, maple sugar, unpacked brown sugar, evaporated cane juice, organic white sugar, or any other granulated sweetener in place of the coconut palm sugar. Or leave it out entirely for a sugar-free blondie!
For the fruit, use any sweet, soft dried fruit instead of dates. It would change the flavor a bit, but you could try raisins, golden raisins, prunes, dried figs, or dried cherries, for example.